Book Review: THE SOUND OF US by Ashley Poston

Photo credit: Goodreads
So once upon a time, the amazing Dahlia Adler posted about some New Adult books anyone interested in the category should read, and The Sound of Us by Ashley Poston was super highly recommended.

So I read it. And loved it. But before I begin my raving, here’s the Goodreads summary:
“America's favorite pop band, Roman Holiday, is done, dead, and so totally last year. For eighteen-year-old rockoholic Junie Baltimore, this is music to her ears. But when she discovers their sexy ex-lead singer hiding out on the boardwalk, her summer vacation becomes the cover story of the year. 
She's willing to keep him a secret, but when a sleazy paparazzo offers her the cash she needs to save the bar her father left behind, could she sell out for the chance to save her future? Who is she kidding? That's a no-brainer...but she never planned on falling head over heels for the lead singer.”
If I had to describe The Sound of Us in one word, it’d be ADORABLE. Gah. This book was so freaking cute, I don’t even know where to begin.

I picked up this book because I was promised some laughs and a light-hearted, fun read, and that’s exactly what I got. Junie is a delightful protagonist with major snark and some really funny thoughts and Roman is sexy and entertaining and their romance is so swoon worthy and fun and I just loved it.

A lot of NA books have some pretty heavy themes (hell, a lot of what I read in general has some pretty heavy or dark themes), so The Sound of Us was a wonderful breath of sweet, fresh air. Also, I’m not a huge music buff, but if you are, you’ll love this book. For real. So if you’re looking for something fun and downright cute and have an interest in music (or even if you don't!), definitely give this one a try.

Have you read The Sound of Us or something fun recently? 

Twitter-sized bites: 
.@Ava_Jae gives 5/5 stars to THE SOUND OF US by @ashposton. Have you read this fun NA romance? (Click to tweet)  
Looking for a light-hearted, fun NA read? Try THE SOUND OF US by @ashposton. (Click to tweet)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this post. Mostly because I frequently find myself in catch up mode. I'm a teacher and a writer so the work load can get hectic very quickly and falling behind is practically inevitable. Thanks for sharing this advice as it definitely looks to be spot on for what I've experienced during the catch up game.

Ava Jae said...

Thanks, Jennifer! I can definitely see how education work + writing could cause some pretty inevitable catchup work.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...